5.10.06

 

ST: SA 12 Ask a friend for help - Lipper

I had started about six month ago to cut my own hair. Since I was wearing it kind of short, it was easy to do with my clipper set and the right set of mirrors in the bathroom. Last night I got home late after work, tired and stressed. I needed to relax, so I went and took a shower. Toweling off, I watch myself in the mirror and decided to cut my hair. It had been three weeks since the last cut and it was getting kind of long. So I got out the clippers, put on the #2 attachment and buzzed the sides and back to 1/4", then went with the longest a #6 to buzz the top to 5/8". Pretty conservative, but with me being in customer service and on the sales floor all day, I didn't dare to go shorter. The only thing left was to shave my neck, since both sides were growing kind of weird and into all directions. So I would shave it rounded following the contour of my head. A little water, a little shaving cream and I was set to start. And then the door bell rang. "Who is it?" I yelled. "It's me, Brian."

Brian was a good friend of mine, a former co-worker, that had stayed in contact. And for the last three month, I had also cut his hair, buzzed to 1/8". I opened the door. "Hey, man. Great timing. You can help me shave that darn hair in my neck. I already did the rest, so you can finish it up." "Sure, no problem. And I came by to ask you to cut my hair anyways." "As soon as you've done your job" I said and walked straight back into the bathroom. I sat done on the little stool and put a towel over my shoulders. Then I handed Brian the razor and told him to go for it. He pushed my head a little forward and we started shaving. I looked ino the drain and onto the cut hair laying in there. Good he came by tonight, I thought. Nice to have somebody do the neckshave for you, so I don't have to fizzle with the razor in one hand and the mirror in the other. And its only gonna be one cleanup after I buzz Brian's hair. "Okay" he said, "I'm done", while he rinsed out the razor one more time. I took the mirror to take a look at my clean shaved neck, when I recognized that Brian had shaved half way up the back of my head. "What did you do?" I asked in disbelieve. "What", he said. " I only shaved where there was shaving cream" I had forgotten that I had just put a handful of cream back there, not just on the parts I wanted to shave. I should have told him to only shave the corner parts.

If you ask a friend for help, you better tell him what you want done. There was not much that could have been done now, so I decided to go for a high'n'tight. We buzzed the sides and back with no attachment and Brian shaved it all off. When I saw the finished cut in the mirror, I really liked it. Brian felt kind of bad about the whole thing, but I told him, that if you ask a friend for help, it might turn out better than you think. So Brian sat down on the stool. I put a towel over his shoulders and was staring at my new do in the mirror, putting on the 1/8" attachment when Brian said: "No attachment needed tonight. I wanna go all the way. And keep the razor handy for that smooth finish."

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?